2/10/2004

Trivia was packed tonight. One of the difficulties in being a trivia co-host -- or for that matter, doing anything where you're the center of attention -- is figuring out how to delicately handle groups of people without being rude. When someone's heckling of my co-host seems to go over the line of wiseassedeness into trying to hurt feelings, do I shut that person up and risk alienating someone who's come out to enjoy trivia? (Further complicating matters is that when I used to play, rather than co-host, one or two of my teammates used to heckle the triv co-hosts all the time when they found a round really annoying, so I know what it's like to be on the pissed-off side of things.) And then there's the matter of having friends come to say hi to me and trying to talk to a few people at once without being rude. Ah well. I'm just glad I get to do it and meet so many nice people.

No comments: