2/07/2004

I'm using my friends' critiques to revise my screenplay. (One of my two screenplays, that is). Why, you ask, would I spend all of Saturday night working on this? Because I've been working on this thing since before 2001 and there's a time to (cliche warning) fish or cut bait. I just got a new round of critiques from friends, and I don't want the thing to linger forever. Besides, someone else might write the same thing.

The other reason to get it done now is that in the summer, nothing happens in publishing or film. Next to nothing, anyway. People are on vacation and can't get in the same room together to make important decisions. So if I wait until late May to send this out, I might as well wait until September. Thus, I'd rather do it sooner than that.

Of course, if I decide this isn't worth showing anyone, I might not do it at all. But I do think it has some value. The best I can do is listen to the advice people give me about it and keep working on it.

No comments: