2/07/2004

Listening to the On*Star commercials is too upsetting. They make me anxious and depressed. I don't like listening to people in crises crying in their cars. I had enough highway crises when I was nearly broke and I prefer not to return to that period in my life.

By the way, in used cars owned by, at various times, my mom and me, we:

>Ran out of gas on the approach to the GW Bridge (NY side) and then got hit by a passing car;
>Found that we couldn't actually open the hood of a used car we'd just bought to put oil in it; had to sit at a gas station for over an hour while various people tried different methods to get it open;
>Bought a used car that would run fine after it got started, but couldn't actually start without a jump start. The guy had it running when he sold it to us, so we didn't know there was a problem. We found his used Bible in the back. What a great guy to read the Bible but sell us a car with a &*$%@ alternator that didn't work WITHOUT telling us. Hypocritical jerk.
>Had a car that wouldn't run in the rain. If it was running and it started raining out, it would stall the minute the brake was tapped.
>Various overheating incidents/water pump problems
>Had a car that wouldn't start and it needed a new selenoid (I'm spelling that wrong; I'll fix it later.)
>Had a car that would accelerate without pressing the gas. (Actually, that was kind of fun. My mom said that something just needed to be tightened, but I thought it was cool so I left it.)

Maybe it served us right because all of these cars cost between $350 and $800. But the owners should have told us about the problems when they sold them to us.

No comments: