9/15/2008

Candycandyyumyumyum

There are some...shall we say...interesting candies available this year for Halloween. Some friends of The Hubby recommended Brach's caramel apple candy corn. I love caramel AND candy corn, but I just didn't like this too much. I could barely taste the apple, and it was kind of bland and waxy. I'll stick with regular.

However, Hershey kisses are also getting interesting. They are offering "candy corn" and "pumpkin spice" flavors this year.

Originally, I thought these were chocolate kisses with these flavorings in the middle. However, I tried the pumpkin spice one today. (Don't worry, Hubby, I only had one.) And it's completely orange, with a white cream middle! It's made with cocoa butter, so I think it's white chocolate, as opposed to milk chocolate. It was nice and soft and really tasted like pumpkin spice, although I'd wager that no pumpkins were harmed to make this.

So now you know the perfect thing to give out for Halloween if you want to cheap out and buy a lot of candy at once: Flavored kisses. ;)

No comments: