11/19/2004

Woke up, put on clothes, went to work.

This morning, on the way to work, the local crossing guard (a lovely person) stopped me at the corner to tell me all about the book she's been reading on the Clintons.

HER: Hillary Clinton did some teeeeerrible things.
ME: Oh, it's probably written by some Republican who's out to get her.
HER: No, this is her friend! Hillary doesn't have a good attitude toward single parents. It says she's always trying to be like Queen Noor, and it doesn't work. And she lets Bill Clinton get away with everything!
ME: At least she tried to keep their marriage together.
HER: Did I tell you about the letter I sent her? What happened?
ME: No.
HER: I e-mailed Hillary Clinton a letter and I said, 'You should smack Bill across the face on national TV. That would solve all the problems.' And she had her secretary write back to me. And her secretary wrote back two words: 'Good idea.'

I have asked to see a copy of this e-mail, but she says her hard drive got switched and bla bla bla bla...

No comments: