11/07/2004

Woke up, put on clothes, didn't go to work.

I feel like it's Christmas morning. Probably just because it's nearly freezing out.

Even though I pledged to stay in and write all weekend, I did have to get out for two hours when a friend had free tickets to an interactive musical called the "Awesome '80s Prom." Everyone was there - the nerd, the criminal, the jock, the principal, and at the end of the night, there was a vote for Homecoming king & queen. Lots of fun photos were taken, which I can't download because installing the camera software crashes my computer (as seen in earlier posts), but I'll put some up from work. I brought my Rubik's Cube and nerd glasses, and I wasn't alone!

Someone asked me yesterday if writing can be called my job if I "enjoy it so much." Sometimes I enjoy it the way you enjoy it when someone is slamming a hammer into your head and it stops - what I enjoy is finally getting some story out of my system before it kills me, and seeing how it takes shape. Plus, the black-and-white cookies. Speaking of which, it's time.

No comments: