11/28/2004

This is MY kind of weather - pouring rain, strong winds. And yet I am going to the Giants/Iggles game later.

I got this e-mail yesterday from someone I don't know:

Ya know, I'm really not trying to be a shit, but all this blogging...expain the attraction to the author ...what ever happened to diaries, and journals? pen and paper people!!! Why does one half of the people on the planet seem to think that the other half is interested in their every waking thought. DS.

I wrote back:

Why are you reading them?

I haven't heard back yet.

But actually, he makes an odd assumption. I don't think any of us believe half the world wants to read what we write. It's not as if there are only seven addresses on the internet and this is how each of us uses ours. The people who find their way here are either friends or people who for some reason were interested in my writing. I don't put every waking thought here, except, "Woke up, put on clothes, went to work." And I do keep a paper journal. Which is even more boring.

No comments: