8/21/2005

Another boring update on revisions.

I spent a crazy amount of time this weekend revising a particular part of the book that needed fixing...which included writing it two different ways, editing them both, and in the end, choosing the better one but throwing in a dash of the other.

I think I'm almost done.

There are no big problems to overcome, no big research to do, no parts I like that really really should be cut out. It took - what? - nearly four years to get this far.

Someone asked me today what I think of a certain author who writes two books a year. I said, well, he may be more talented than I am. Or, he may be writing stuff that's closer to his life, which means less research, less figuring things out, less trial and error.

It's going out in Sept, I think. (And to think, around last September, I was hoping for November! But I would have been lying to myself if I thought it was ready then.)

I also got to do laundry this weekend, so I feel all caught up.

No comments: