4/11/2005

Look at what's happened to...

Someone posted this in a Great American Hero newsgroup today:

"What I have to say is this, I know that you guys aren't children because if you were you wouldn't even know that this show existed. Most of you are in your thirties or older. So I have to say this, grow up. Just because a song is not on the disk doesn't mean you can't still enjoy the show. I mean even if the original songs were on it it wouldn't make a bit of difference in the way the show goes. I think that they did a wonderful job replacing the songs. I haven't
seen the show in over twenty years and to tell you the truth I don't even remember what songs other than the theme, which is my all time favorite song by the way, that are on the show. And even then they weren't by the original artist because back then they didn't have
the original artist singing the songs because it would have cost them more money in production costs. And I would prefer that the original artist sing their own songs other than someone else who would just kill the song all together. The only song that I am conserned with is the theme. As long as it is on the DVDs then that is all that matters to me.


Anyway if they had put the original songs on the disks then they would have had to charge more for the sets and not all of us can afford that kind of thing. Which would you
prefer, paying 60 or 70 dollars on the sets or 20 to 30? I for one am glad that Stephen J Cannell is making them more affordable to us. I don't care about the other songs just the theme. It is bad enough that I can't buy all the seasons of the X-Files because they are over $120 or even the Star Trek shows. Don't try to make this show an arm and a leg to get a hold of. We are darn lucky to have the disks in the first place. I have the first two seasons and let me
tell you that I have done nothing but laugh and enjoy myself watching them. I think I enjoy them more now than I did back then. Maybe because I get all the little hidden adult jokes that are in there that I just didn't get when I was ten years old and was watching it because I lust loved (and still do) science fiction and had a humongous crush on William Katt. I don't remember that a song was during a scene and I wouldn't even care less. I still watch the show for that the episode is about and watch how Ralph, Bill, and Pam save the day. I also love watching the relationships between all the characters on the show, Ralph, Bill, Pam, and Ralph's students two.

You people are adults, start acting like ones and quit complaining about the songs on the disks or what artwork that people chose to draw or anything else. Please make this board about talking about the show and the episodes and what the people on the show did back
then and what they are doing now. Creating fun games or writing poems about the show. I would hate to have to leave this group because all I see here is a buch of grown children complaining about songs and artwork. And I can tell you that I am getting pretty sick
of seeing it everyday in my e-mail. You don't know how close I am to cancelling my membership in this group. I have an eleven year old nephew and he has watched the show with me and I have to tell you that he likes the show just the way it is and I don't even think that twenty years from know that he will care about what music is on the show. Except how much of a fuss that his aunt makes about the theme song that is.

So please let's stop wasting our time on such a childish endevour. Like I said, we are adults and we should start acting like it."

No comments: