1/15/2005

Woke up, got dressed, didn't go to work.

Tonight I watched a really close Jets/Steelers game in the city with friends, and what was nice was, even the people who aren't one bit into sports seemed to enjoy themselves. The game went into overtime. Various people stopped in to say hello, too, and I even ran into a friend of mine in knew from college. It's starting to be funny to me that in a city as large as New York, I bump into people I know. Although I guess the older I get, the more people I cross paths with anyway, so I'm bound to float into their orbit once or twice more.

I have to read and write a blurb for another novel, as well as read three books and write a review, but all of the said books are relatively easy reading.

I was going to write, "When's it gonna snow?" but apparently we will get a little tomorrow and Wednesday. I still think we could get a blizzard dumped on us in mid-Feb like we used to in the '80s. This has been a paltry winter for snow here so far.

I planned to do a lot of novel revising last night, but the four hours of revising got me through pages 190 to 225. I guess there are always ways to make it slightly better. I suppose some of the changes now are minor enough that they're not going to make a difference in whether someone buys the book or not -- but once someone does, I will get a certain period of time to finish revisions, and then I send it in.

No comments: