1/30/2005

Will soon wake up, put on clothes, and not go to work.

It's 1:55 a.m. and it smells like snow out.

This morning, that being Saturday morning, I got up at 9 a.m. to start revising my book, and went into a writing haze. Next thing you know it was like 3 p.m.

I got through revisions of the last section, and the book is now exactly 400 pages long, about 100,000 words.

Next step: more re-reading, print it out, read the 400-page printout (ay carumba) and then it will be off to the agent again, to wait for her verdict on whether it's ready to send to publishers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you, thank you, thank you to the lovely people I had dinner with last eve. It's sometimes hard in this post-ironic age to express sincere wishes without seeming insincere (especially true of a sarcastic person like me), but I sincerely am lucky to know all of you.

No comments: