1/17/2005

Disclaimer of the Day

Sometimes I worry that if I meet a new business contact or friend, they might stumble upon this blog too soon.

They might read it all and think they know everything about me. And they'd certainly be wrong.

I feel that way about my writing, too.

It's certainly the risk of anyone who keeps a blog, or who writes. I keep certain personal stuff completely out of this blog.

I don't write about relationships (unless in a very general context) or that sort of thing, I don't tell everything that happened to me, and I try not to get too political, although sometimes I do go on rants, as you know.

You may say, "Well, that's boring! Blogs are SUPPOSED to be for political and dating rants." True, true, but a blog also should not ruin your life.

You don't want to let your words box you in.

You might look a few days back in my blog and see that I demolished a kiwifruit the other day, but miss the photo a few months ago of the dog I had growing up. I might complain about something in an entry day and seem like a complainer, but there might have been seven nice things that happened that day that I didn't bother to write about.

Also, you might think that I use words like "something," "some," "bad," and "nice" too many times for someone who has actually gotten paid money for writing, and I might tell you that I am going to say "something," "someone," "some," "bad" and "nice" on a blog because I don't feel the need to make this superpolished. Or something.

I like writing. I like putting cutesy thoughts or experiences here on occasion. I like communicating with friends this way rather than sending out an e-mail announcing something important (if I am lucky enough to call some of you friends). So thanks for reading the disclaimer.

No comments: