3/16/2004

Woke up, put on clothes, didn't go to work.

I finally got to read Why Girls Are Weird. Such fun! The novel came out last summer when mine did, and it centers on a woman, Anna K, who has a very popular blog and starts seeing the things she writes on her blog interfere with her personal life. There's a lot of suspense regarding what happens with her ex-boyfriend, adoring pen pal(s), and family. I was impressed that the family part was well-done, since often a chick-lit author will try to throw in a few family or work episodes to make the book seem more well-rounded, but sometimes fails. In WGAW, it worked. So hats off to popular blogger Pam Ribon. (Hmmm...when she mentioned my novel in December, she sent like 500 people my way. So now I get to send her 2.5 in return.)

No comments: