3/19/2004

I woke up this morning and it was SNOWING!! I just think that's a riot. Spring begins tomorrow. Just remember, folks, it tends to rain almost every weekend in April around here. Every year, it happens and people start complaining, and they forget that it happened the previous year. April showers bring May flowers.

So my book is mentioned in an upcoming issue of PEOPLE(March 29), which just appeared on Nexus today and was e-mailed to me. It's one of the five spring chick picks...here's what they say!

HEADLINE: Spring's Best Chick Lit;
This spring our top chick-lit picks offer gossipy girlfriends, adventures in dating land, cupcakes (both male and frosted varieties) and other light-hearted fluff that's surprisingly filling.

BYLINE: Andrea L. Sachs

FAT CHANCE by Deborah Blumenthal
CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET? by Sophie Kinsella
WEDDING SEASON by Darcy Cosper
WEEKEND IN PARIS by Robyn Sisman
STARTING FROM SQUARE TWO by Caren Lissner

STARTING FROM SQUARE TWO

Gert Healy hates being single because every man she meets is not her husband--or, more to the point, her recently deceased husband. Pals help her with their cockeyed "Rules," such as advising her to sit in the middle seat of air-planes to maximize chatting opportunities. Amid the dating hoopla, Gert bravely finds love the second time around. --A.L.S.

Anyway, that's good.

So you've noticed I haven't been updating the blog much. I've been resting and trying not to be on the computer all the time, and re-analyzing my life (does it ever help?) and catching up on reading.

Does writing save my life, or harm it? Should it have that big a role, either way? It's what I do, it's how I think...and I generally like doing it. So I guess I should consider myself lucky, rather than wondering how life would be different without it. It makes me happy (when it's not driving me crazy) and I can't imagine not doing it. I just have to maintain the proper balance of writing life and real life. That can't be so hard.

No comments: