1/16/2004

I got galleys today of my next novel, Starting from Square Two, coming March 1. Yay! It's about someone having to start dating at 29 for the first time since college. Here's my mainpage with more info on that book and on my first one, Carrie Pilby.

Dawn's essay today is about not fitting in in high school and taking refuge in punk music, so of course I have to link to it. Not-fitting-in-in-school essays my favorites. (So are not-fitting-in characters...)

She actually includes a photo of her SAT scores, a nearly verbotten topic after your freshman year of college (just like how cool it was that you were president of Future Farmers of America). It's funny, though...just yesterday I got into an argument with a brainy H'vard grad over the word "equivocate" and we both jokingly used our test scores to defend why we were right. Nerdy!

No comments: