1/01/2004

Another new year's eve spent in New York with no harmful consequences. I'm home safe at 2:25 a.m. The worst part is always taking the bus or train home, as everyone is usually either drunk (resulting in their wetting themselves or vomiting on the train) or fighting with someone. I saw both tonight. A guy sitting on the train next to where I was standing suddenly vomited, a bit of which landed on my shoes, although I was able to shuffle out of the way. It looked like he only had chicken soup for dinner, lucky for me. I heard some couples fighting on the way home, and there were groups of guys fighting on the train, resulting in four cops arriving. The highlight of the ride home was that when we were stopped at 9th St. in Manhattan, those of us looking out the train window saw a guy in his 20s try to jump a turnstyle, get his feet caught on it and fall over it on his face. After a minute, he got up, trying to smile. Dolt. Last year, I took the bus home and there was a girl lying on the ground in the aisle, telling her boyfriend she couldn't breathe and that he should call 911 on his cell phone.

On the positive side, I had quite a nice night, and I wish everyone a great 2004. As they say in Boogie Nights, "Nineteen fu**king [snort] eighty!!!!" Well, it's not 1980, but whatever.

No comments: