7/02/2006

Pre-Independence Day

You may have heard that New Jersey gov't is temporarily shut down. We try to do this once a year -- two years ago, McGreevey did it for a few minutes by announcing something shocking on TV. It was less costly that way.


Lovely weekend

Hope you all had a lovely weekend. A roundup of mine will be posted tomorrow. I enjoyed a boat trip, which was a new experience for me.


Followup to Friday's posts

Thanks to all the people who responded to the question about iPods. I called Apple and surprisingly, they do not allow you to download songs from your iPod and put them back on your computer!

So while you can download songs from a computer to an iPod, you can't do the reverse. That means if your music library gets wiped out on your computer, you cannot use your iPod to put those songs back on.

Thus, if you want to put your songs on a friend's iPod as well as yours, you can do it from your computer to their iPod (I think), but not from your iPod to their computer.

But there WAS a solution...I am allowed to do a one-time re-downloading of any songs I purchased on iTunes, back onto my computer. So that's good news.

Also, several people e-mailed me with links to computer enthusiasts who have figured out ways to do it. Also useful. Thank you!

Someone also wrote to me to praise Kevin Smith's "Jersey Girl," and someone else to bury it. Since it's my blog I'm going to break the tie. Verdict: "Jersey Girl" was an excellent movie. Move to adjourn.

No comments: