7/28/2006




Six degrees of Kevin Smith


Lots of people who come from Central Jersey try to have a Kevin Smith story. Even the PSE&G repairman who saw my "Clerks" poster last year told me some things about going to high school with him.

Anyway, I can proudly state that besides having interviewed Kevin Smith many years ago when he did a screening of "Chasing Amy" in Hoboken, I was two years behind "Clerks" star Brian O'Halloran during high school. O'Halloran wasn't involved in a lot of things, but senior year, he won the lead role in "Snoopy" and gave a performance (and I'm not exaggerating) that you couldn't take your eyes off of.

Every time he whirled on stage in his collar, he pretty much commanded attention. As my drama teacher said, "All of a sudden you have this kid who comes out of nowhere, and he's great..." She said it because two girls in my class were talking about how O'Halloran wasn't sure what to do with his future, and might be going into the Navy or something (hey, it was a long time ago and my memory could be a little off.)

I'm glad he kept acting.





No comments: