7/18/2006

Random links (for breakfast)

Serious stuff

An article that tries to explain what's going on in the Middle East right now (although every article seems to have some sort of slant). The situation can be perplexing, but it's also getting more serious by the minute. If you know of attemptedly user-friendly articles that you think are better, feel free to send.

Less serious stuff

1. Someone forwarded me a new combonym: Kitler. It's a kitten that looks like Hitler. There is an actual website dedicated to kitlers.

2. The other day I was looking in a German dictionary (not in relation to the above) and I saw that the German word for banana tree is...bananenbaum! Really! My friend the bananaman fan
should like that. But he may be too busy getting married soon to read this anymore.

3. I put a response to yesterday's entry at the end of the entry.

4. A quote from David Letterman: "A doctor on the upper west side blew up his townhouse last week. He just blew it up. I haven’t seen anyone wreck a home like this since Angelina Jolie."


afternoon update:

From a news story today, Brad Pitt is like me - he's sick of himself:

"I'm so tired of thinking about myself. I'm kinda sick of myself," said Pitt, who was nominated for an Oscar for his role in 1995's "Twelve Monkeys." His screen credits also include "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" with Jolie, "Legends of the Fall" and the upcoming "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford."

Guess what, Brad. We're sick of you, too.

No comments: