7/31/2006

Nice stuff in the mail today

Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you...

This girl used to work at my newspaper and wanted to publish a young adult novel. I stayed in touch with her...after many years of her hard work, she just got a two book deal! She announced it on a listserve I'm on:

"Okay, so... I know that most everyone is away at nationals, but I still wanted to share my HAPPY NEWS. My lovely agent, [redacted], has sold my YA novel, [Etc.], and its yet-to-be-written sequel, [Etc.], to [Etc.] at Berkley Jam. I'm over the moon!!It was almost a year ago that I found this group, and since then my writing career has taken off....a BIG THANKS to [Etc.] for helping me perfect the query letter that got me my agent; ...[Etc.] and to C*ren Li**ner for inviting me into my first writer's group and turning me on to this loop. You gals ROCK!!"


Fan letter

just wanted to say I really enjoy your photos (especially the BLOB) and I can tell from your postings that you are very sweet. Keep posting! -- M

Thanks, M! I think the blob made some people sick, but I like the letter! (M is in Canada, and thus safe from our American blobs.)

No comments: