3/20/2006

Do bees be? Do bears bear?

Yesterday was Bruce Willis's 51st birthday. In honor of that, I declare today
David Addison Day.

Liven up everyone's life by being more like David Addison of "Moonlighting." Play limbo at work. Answer every question with a question. If someone says something you don't like, yell "Fine!", run into your office, and slam the door.

Writing

I've figured out what my writing goals are for the next six months - Mostly I'll still be nipping and tucking the two projects I've been working on for a while, not working on them obsessively, but also not starting anything new.

One is done and one is about 70 percent done, but even when they get to editors, those editors will have requests and things, too. So they'll still be my focus.

Since my main writing/revising season is ending, I'm going to be getting out of the house more. I'll do nips and tucks on these stories here and there, but not every weekend. If I didn't still work full time, I guess I could start something new, but it's not really what I want to do right now.

Many (although not all) of the writers who want to live on their writing income have to really churn books out one after another, and I hate that idea. I don't even know that it's possible for me to do that.

Most of the book ideas I work on are things I've been thinking about for years. If I have ideas for 100 good characters or plots, I put some of them together, making for a richer book.

And that's today's public service announcement from Addledwriter Corporation. Please stay tuned for our training film.

No comments: