1/03/2006

REJECT!

No, I don't mean me. Some reporters for the TIMES of London took two novels that had won major literary prizes in the 1970s, submitted them to current agents and editors as if they were from an aspiring author, and were largely rejected.

Is anyone really surprised? As always, it's a matter of taste. STORY HERE.

And speaking of writing...

It's worth reading Lauren Barnholdt's summary of her year in writing today (and not 'cause she mentions me): http://www.livejournal.com/users/laurenbarnholdt/ . As she notes, she went from full-scale rejection to selling three other books in a matter of months...

Fugue

Another morning that I'm awake at 4 a.m. after revising the novel for many hours and not wanting to sleep until I left it at a good place.

I just want to get it done. But it's not that simple.

It has to be the best it can, and there's no excuse for it not to be.

By the way, I didn't really drink champagne yesterday; I was just harking back to my German calendar entry for humorous purposes.

No comments: