1/05/2006

Music

I don't think I've ever recommended a song on here before, because musical tastes are so different and it's often useless. But I'm very impressed by pianoman Ben Folds' melodic (and funny by nature) rendition of a rap song, the Dr. Dre/Snoop Dogg ouevre "Bitches Ain't Sh*t." Ben Folds turned it into a piano song, and it's fun to listen to, plus it's actually a pleasant song. Check out a sample on iTunes. Even a certain friend of mine who says he only likes Weird Al would find it amusing.

If you listen to it and like it, e-mail me and let me know.

UPDATE: Someone e-mailed to tell me he looked up the words, and they're awful. I KNOW; that's what makes the Ben Folds rendition funny -- he took a song full of curse words and sings them seriously to this beautiful piano music, as if he's singing something romantic.

I didn't want you to think I'm profane.

No comments: