5/21/2005

It's time for today's ... RCF (Random Childhood Flashback)*

*PTTAWON (probably thought of to avoid working on novel)

So it's sixth grade, and I'm sitting in the back of the room as our teacher, Mrs. Shaak, goes over our spelling lesson. A blonde kid named Mitchell is sitting in the row behind me, frantically waving his hand, trying to get her attention because he has to go to the bathroom. His friend Darren is next to him, kinda laughing at him because she's totally oblivious.

Mrs. Shaak asks if anyone knows how to spell "Yacht." She sees Mitchell's hand in the air.

"How do you spell yacht? Mitchell?"

He says, "Y-O-T, but can I go to the bathroom?"

"No," she said, "it's y...a...c..."

I see his face contorting in extreme pain, and Darren laughs harder.

(Unfortunately, this ending isn't as exciting as you might have hoped, because he raced out a second later. I don't know why I thought of this, but I did. Now I guess I have to go revise my novel some more. Oh well.)

No comments: