5/25/2005

If you haven't figured it out, I haven't gone to work this week. I needed a break. Plus, you know, the novel is getting revised. If you work for a major publishing house and are reading this, sometime within the next few months, my third novel may be coming to a desk near you.

Yesterday I bought Mike Finkel's book True Story, which I wrote about a few posts earlier. I also read Josh Braff's book, The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green. He's Zach Braff's brother. I have to support all (at least most) New Jersey enterprises. Good book.

I decided to cook this week since I actually have the time. What I've found is that for the most part, it doesn't save money, and it certainly doesn't save time. I suppose if you are cooking for more than one person, it does. I bought some pork chops and broiled 'em with some basil and Hoboken Eddie's apple brandy BBQ sauce and fresh garlic and potatoes. Tasty, but it might've been better to stop at the restaurant down the street. Then again, I guess if I lived in the burbs, I wouldn't have that as an option. Seriously, how did my mom make us dinner every single night? Oh that's right, all she did all day was watch soaps.

No comments: