7/09/2007

Monday, Monday again

Wasn't it just Monday last week?

The Boy and I went to Coney Island on Saturday and saw a Cyclones game. A few photos of Coney Isle to come.

Meanwhile, here's some reader mail regarding the hanging groundhog:


It sounds like a possible suicide to me. I have on many occasions had a groundhog run out in front of my car in an attempt, sometimes successful, to kill themselves. I have to admit that I have never seen a groundhog off itself by hanging.

By the way, a groundhog is referred to as a woodchuck, in the summertime. Perhaps it had just watched Groundhog Day and become depressed.


Interesting. Here's something from Dictionary.com: "The woodchuck goes by several names in the United States. The most famous of these is groundhog, under which name all the legends about the animal's hibernation have accrued. In the Appalachian Mountains the woodchuck is known as a whistle pig."

No comments: