7/31/2007

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

If you wear a skirt or dress to work, you are guaranteed to get sexually harassed on the way to work, or at least, treated differently. Okay, by "you" I mean, "me," because I always pass a few small-time construction operations during my short commute. Usually construction guys working on a street-level restaurant. But it's not really sexual harassment all the time; sometimes it's just a construction guy saying "Hi!" or "Good morning!", but I know the same one ignores me if I am not wearing a skirt.

It's really not a big deal. But anyway, the reason I mention this is that today, I passed two construction guys working on a corner bar, and one of them yelled at me, "Nice dress!"

But I was wearing pants.

I guess he wishes I was wearing a dress so he could be rude. Oh well. I ignored the remark and continued on my merry way.

You just can't win! (And by "you" I mean "me".)

No comments: