6/02/2007

Sunset in Manhattan

Twice a year, the sun sets in direct alignment with Manhattan's east-west streets, flooding walls and buildings with pink light for the last 15 minutes of the day. It's pretty cool to see. However, I keep missing it. Does anyone know which two dates it is this year? Please e-mail me if you do.

Here are some descriptions of it last year with maybe better explanations.

Here is something from Wikipedia suggesting that it's on specific dates each year. I didn't hear about it this year. But I often miss it. Wikipedia seems to believe a term was only coined for it five years ago. No one noticed before?? Or maybe there just weren't enough web sites that were talking about such things.

UPDATE: Okay, apparently it was a mere two days ago and I missed it! There will be another one in July but these articles don't say exactly when. Grrrr.

Anyhoo, there are rumors that this weekend, I will both attend the Book Expo of America, and I might see the Mets play as well. Cheers!

No comments: