6/08/2007

Only in New York

Only in New York do they publish articles designed to make you relieved that you haven't gotten a book deal.

Check out the Observer's story from today, My Book Deal Ruined My Life.

Just remember that it doesn't have to be extreme as some of these writers make it. I guess I did more solitary writing years ago...now I work on it here and there. I think the key is to not assume you will make your only living at it right away, because then there's too much pressure to produce.

I like this quote: “You’re not letting people read it as you write it. Nobody has ever read what you’re doing. It could be terrible. It could be brilliant. And you start to think, ‘Oh God, this is a complete piece of shit that couldn’t be published...”


On another note

This book sold recently:

Denver Post writer Doug Brown's JUST DO IT: How One Couple Screwed Their Life and Love Back Together, about the 101 days the author and his wife committed to have sex every day, no matter what, and exploring how anyone can strengthen a relationship, and fall back in love with their spouse even after a decade together, to Allison McCabe at Crown, by Daniel Lazar at Writers House.

No comments: