5/14/2007

Monday meanderings

(Okay, I'm really writing this Saturday morning.)

My friend Jodi, who lives in LA, recently got to spend an evening with the Simpsons! Yes, the cartoon characters. It was a party for their movie. Check out the photo. Scroll down a day to the Simpsons entry.

I got an e-mailed comment on Carrie Pilby, the first in a long time. I'm so glad that people are still finding it:

Wonderful book. I rarely read books where I feel the female protagonist has much in common with me, but this one was an exception. Laugh-out-loud...I think of it more in the same genre as Mark Haddon's "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time", where the author also succeeds in getting deeply inside the persona of, and making sympathetic, a character who most readers won't have much in common with.
Thanks for the blog link and good luck with the writing... I promptly put everything else you wrote onto the list, but it would be nice to have more to add. :-)


Hopefully I will provide more to add! Thanks for the compliments!

No comments: