2/22/2007

Thursday

I guess yesterday's photos were actually taken in fall, since the leaves are falling from the trees, but they look like fresh spring leaves so maybe not.

I hosted trivia with The Boy on Tuesday night. He did an excellentamundo job! Also, I am pleased to see that in its fourth year, Tuesday Night Trivia is still going strong. With our talented co-hosts there every week, it practically runs itself.

In other notes, it's warm out. I feel like spring is coming already. A bad idea to get hopes up, though. The weather has been erratic lately.

In writing news, I gave my novel to my agent about a month ago. I checked in about 10 days ago and she said she hadn't gotten to it yet. This isn't unusual. I'll just wait and see what suggestions she has.

I'm not going to start anything new writing for quite a while. But I have a few ideas. No matter what I write, I know this: I want the next book I publish to be a book that you will sink into an easy chair with, sipping hot tea, your feet up in slippers, surrounded by shelves full of other books you have enjoyed in wintry days of the past. I want it to be a book that you are happy to have found, whose main character you'd like to have a conversation with, a book you are glad to spend a day with.

No comments: