8/07/2006

You're the top

I had a great weekend. Hope you all did.

Nothing pithy to say, but if you're not familiar with the comedic genius of lyricist Cole Porter, here are some lyrics to make you feel good today:

You're the top!
You're the Coliseum.
You're the top!
You're the Lourve Museum.
You're a melody from a symphony by Strauss
You're a Bendel bonnet, A Shakespeare's sonnet, You're Mickey Mouse.

You're the Nile,
You're the Tower of Pisa,
You're the smile on the Mona Lisa
I'm a worthless check, a total wreck, a flop,
But if baby, I'm the bottom, you're the top!


Update:

I already got a very intellectual response to my post today:

"I don't recall all the lyrics, but I once wrote a more sexually suggestive version of the song which ended with "but if baby I'm on bottom, you're on top." Just FYI. -- The Anonymous Blogger

No comments: