8/17/2006

Writing update

I can now confidently say that I have a new agent, and I also have a Young Adult book (for teens) going out to editors. Since it's August and people are on vacations, I won't get any news back in a hurry, but at least something is going on. It feels great to have a manuscript on the way to editors instead of just bubbling in my computer.

Not a lot happens in the writing industry in August, and then in October there is the international book fair in Frankfurt, so agents try to send books out in between.

In other writing news, yesterday was the first day of this year's Bread Loaf Writers' Conference in Ripton, VT, the oldest writers' conference in the nation. 300 writers come from across America to a hilltop in Vermont, stay in cabins, and attend nightly readings and daily workshops for 10 days. I went in 1997 and it was pretty inspiring.

I have been told that the photo of the rainbow on the main page is not doctored, and there really was a rainbow over the main building. Okay.

No comments: