8/01/2006

Random images from my camera

Apparently my town has a welcome wagon:



Park in Jersey City yesterday:



Not long ago, I was in Hell's Kitchen and saw a group of cops and EMTs around a woman who was lying on her back on the sidewalk. The EMTs were doing CPR, pressing on her to restart her heart, as the cops surrounded them to keep people away. When I passed, I saw one of those striped, tattered tote bags that homeless women carry. There was a man guarding it. I also saw that they had her shirt off and she had enormous, beachball-shaped, probably fake breasts. So maybe she was a hooker (why else would she spend all her money on fake breasts?) At first, I worried that she was just a homeless woman who had fainted and had no one to care for her. The fact that she's a hooker didn't make me feel less bad, but...anyway, I was pleased that the cops and EMTs cared enough to bring her back to life.

Which they did. Sometimes we see the worst of society, but I saw some cops and St. Vincent's ambulance workers giving their best.

Only problem was...no one was appointed to clean up afterward. (I happened to pass again on the way home.)

No comments: