9/13/2004

Woke up, put on clothes, went to work.

Satan's Laundromat seems to be appaled at a guy trying to sell picture books at Ground Zero: link.

I was on a road trip this weekend. Many observations, so I'll summarize, in no particular order:

1. The car I rented had a digital display that, for some radio stations, would scroll the name of the song playing and the artist. I guess some stations now input that information for radio displays. Maybe this is something everyone knew but me. Anyway, someday our kids will have that on all of their radios, and they won't be able to comprehend a time when we would hear a cool song, sit through six others to wait for the DJ to tell us what it was, and never find out anyway.

2. I went to a high school football game Friday night. I've been doing that for the last few years each fall, as part of something I'm writing. You can see everything that's right with the world there.

3. I learned even more about the weather at a seminar. So watch out! Here's a site that the junkies say they like: www.wunderground.com, the weather underground.

Have any of you read "At Home in the World" by Joyce Maynard yet? The best book to read during fall. If you read it, e-mail me and tell me what you think.

Have a happy Monday.

No comments: