8/24/2008

Finally

I finally sent this to the Humane Society, after wanting to do so for a long time:

"...I have one complaint, and I hope it can be addressed. Last year, after I paid for my membership, I proceeded to receive tons of free gifts throughout the year designed to get me to contribute more -- when instead, I wish the money I'd send had just gone to the animals. I don't want extra watches, pens, and all those other things. I'm sure it added up...

"....I just got my latest membership renewal form. I'd like to donate, but not if it goes to a calendar, pen, watch, or anything else....while I'm sure everyone appreciates free gifts, it was excessive, even for each individual membership. ... If I renew my membership, can you stop sending me gifts to entice me, so instead the money goes to the animals??"

Now, if it was just labels once in a while, or a calendar once a year, I wouldn't mind.  All charities send those.  But the his and her watches (excessive!!), the pens, the memo pads, and everything else was adding up to more than the cost of my membership. I didn't want my annual membership donation to go to watches.  And of course, with each gift was a letter that was all, "So we sent you this gift, can you donate more now?"

Hopefully they will get back to me on this.

No comments: