8/05/2008

Fall?

On July 31, I walked into my local Rite-Aid, and they actually had half an aisle of Halloween candy, including Brach's candy corn, and special bags of the Three Musketeers, etc. but in fall colors for Halloween.

Today I got a letter from AT&T that started off something like, "Fall brings leaf raking, football, and bla bla bla..."

I can't remember it all starting this early any time before.  What's going on?  Maybe retailers feel they need to compete with on-line, so if they put the stuff out now, people will buy it before they think about getting it on the 'net.

Right now, we are about as close to spring as we are to fall.  Spring was what, six or seven weeks ago?  Fall is six or seven weeks from now.

Honestly, I love the cool, dark evenings of fall, but for now, it's summertime, and the living is easy.

No comments: