5/03/2008



Co-eds

The Hubby showed me this article about how students at some colleges (including my alma mater) are now allowed to room with a student of the opposite sex.

I think this is a bad idea, while he thinks I'm overreacting.  I just think that it will cause all sorts of problems.  What if a couple is in a relationship and one pushes the other to take the next step and become roommates, and the other is not ready?  It can put pressures on a relationship that shouldn't be there at that age.   And what if couples DO room together, and break up - that will cause a real problem.  And what if a guy and girl who are "just friends" room together, but one half of the duo really has designs on the other?  That can create some uncomfortable situations.  Also a lot of jealousy.  And what if the roomies end up drunk and decide to fool around, just because they're in the next bed, and then regret it in the morning?

Yes, maybe I am overreacting.  But I just think this adds to the pressures of school.

The Hubby believes that these kids can be trusted to be adults, and a lot of those who choose this option are friends, not couples.  Still, it sounds like a bad idea to me.

Oh, the photo of the traffic cones has nothing to do with all this, but I took it recently because I just liked the colors.  The flowers have been falling off the trees around here.

No comments: