5/16/2008

Catching up

Long time, no bloggin'. How am I going to keep my 32 remaining readers (that's the highest it ever gets on the counter) if I don't blog at least twice a month?

Let's see. What is there to say...

Raining

Today's theme song should be "The sun'll come out tomorrow" from Annie. And speaking of Annie, here's a very clever scene (two entries down), posted on my friend's blog. Look for the "billiard ball" heading.

Mets

Hubby and I (and friends) saw the Mets play last weekend. They won!! Yeah! It got cold toward the end of the game, and I paid $7 for "vegetarian chili." It really hit the spot. Okay, it was just beans in sauce, but it was a good portion. Highly recommended if you want something healthier than a shriveled hot dog.

If this keeps up, we may just go to another game next month!

You know it's a recession when...

Tuesday, I came into my office and found an umbrella on my floor. I realized that a job applicant had left it the day before. She must really want me to call her back in for a second interview!

I thought you're only supposed to use that "leave something behind so they have to call you" trick for dating, not job interviews. Definitely some sort of recessionary tactic.

At least she didn't leave a bra.

College

My college reunion is tomorrow (not saying which year. Boy, I'm old). Every time I thought about going, I felt like I was forcing myself. I realized I didn't want to trek down there all that much.

I still have memories of loneliness whenever I go back there, of just studying in my room. It's not like it reminds me of great things. The main reason I wanted to go was to see what people look like now - older, hairless, toothless, etc. (OK, probably not toothless.) The main people I wanted to see were actually at my wedding last year, and none of them are going to the reunion either (they have similar feelings to what I had).

Plus, there are no events this weekend that interested me. Usually, they do pretty cool panels on politics, writing, etc. None of them interested me this year. There's a party Friday night for my class, and Friday doesn't work for me, and I don't really want to go to a boozefest anyhow. Finally, parking was going to suuuuck. My hubby has seen the campus already when we went for football games, and I enjoyed those visits more.

I decided that curiosity about gossip wasn't enough of a reason to go. There were a few things that would have been neat: Introducing the Hubby to people who haven't met him; seeing people faint because I have short hair now. But I did some of that at the wedding already, and I just didn't feel like going down there.

Often, when people skip a reunion, they regret it later, wishing they had gone. Well, my college was big and not very intimate, so I don't think I'll feel I'll miss much. I went back to the fifth reunion and saw people then. And there will be a reunion of staffers from my college paper some time in 2009, and I'm curious about that one. That one might be worth attending.

Tough times

Besides the fact that these are tough recessionary times, and people are rioting around the world just to get rice and wheat, it seems like natural disasters are occurring all over the place, suddenly tearing families apart and killing many. If you have people in your life who you love, hug them and keep them close. I know that I sure will.

That's all. TGIF. Have a good weekend!

No comments: