5/07/2008

Random thoughts

Quote of the day

"Sweetie, if you want to buy the magazine, buy the magazine. Because I don't want to spend my whole evening...in CVS...okaaaaay?"
-- The Hubby, reasoning with me

He's quotable AND cuddly!

Gossip

The magazine article I was reading was about Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer dating.  How did that happen?  Neither of them was in a tabloid for a week, so their publicists got together?  I'm a romantic and all, but this one makes me cynical.  Anyway, since he is nine years younger than she is, I do have to encourage that.  But I also read once that he said after he has sex with a woman, all he can think about is leaving to go play guitar.  Ewww, scummy.

Meg

Tomorrow is day my beloved doggie Meg was born (well, in 1985).  She lived until March 24, 1999.  Even though I don't try to believe dogs have all human traits, Meg WAS very emotional and sensitive and truly loved me, my brother, and mom.  One day when she was a wily puppy, she was running around, making me chase her, and I was trying to catch her so she wouldn't be hit by a car.  She kept escaping, so finally, I sat down on a log and put my hands over my eyes and pantomimed like I was crying.  She immediately ran over to me.  She thought I felt bad and wanted to comfort me.  She also loved to be hugged.   I miss my Meg!

Writing

I hesitate to comment on status of things I' m working on (or not working on), lest some agent or someone see this.  So...no books coming out in the near future.  Maybe someday.  Who knows?

Eating

Summer's coming, so I'm back to the low-fat diet where I usually shed my few extra winter pounds.  I don't care about skipping meat, so this isn't as hard for me as another diet might be.  The key is to just have things at work to munch on - carrots, yogurt, and the like.  Soon, cherries will be back in season.  Full of sugar, but still better for you than a muffin!  (Probably.)

That's all she wrote

So, all is well.  Can't complain.  And summer is coming!  Several baseball games are in my future.  

No comments: