4/16/2008

Polygamy

Why are so many people up in arms about the polygamist sects out West? Seems to me that polygamy can solve a lot of problems. How many times have you heard a girl say, "Oh, too bad he's married," or "Oh, I hate that he's already got a girlfriend" or "All the good ones are taken." Well, this would solve the problem!! Let men marry lots of women! We've all heard about the 4,000-to-1 female to male ratio in New York City, right? How to solve this? Let each man marry 4,000 women!

Write your congressman about this. Except, let's make it not apply to men already married. Because I'm not sharing my adorable Hub with any single girls. BACK OFF, biotches!!!

I mean it.

'The Hills'

Okay, I often express my disdain for reality shows. I find a lot of them exploitative. But someone (who shall remain nameless) got me into watching "The Hills" on MTV, which chronicles the dating and professional disasters of a group of young women (early 20s) in L.A. I know some of you watch; admit it. Here's what is a little silly about it, though. How come all the people on the show who hate each other just happen to end up in the same clubs, restaurants, and -- yes -- computer classes as each other every night? On every episode, every one of the characters just HAPPENS to appear at the same club, and then they all fight with each other. Talk about staged...

Update: The abovementioned person "who shall remain nameless" wants to point out that he no longer watches to the extent that I do, and wouldn't watch at all if I hadn't gotten completely hooked. Okay, "anonymous," your dignity is restored. ;)

Photos

The technical difficulties I referred to a few months ago are supposed to end today, and I may be able to post a few pictures taken in recent weeks. So watch this space.

Writing update

A few weeks ago, I wrote about a satirical essay I was revising to submit somewhere. I predicted that it would probably take them only a few minutes to reject it. Well, it actually took them a half hour. But I do have the editor's name, so if I think of anything else good, maybe I will try again. Good ideas for satire -- that haven't been done to death already -- are hard to come by. But ya never know.

Thanks

The Hubby prodded me to post today because I haven't posted lately. So thanks, Cutie!

No comments: