1/30/2008

Today is hump day.

Will you do your part??

Why or why not?

Huh??!?!?

In response to Monday's entry, James from college writes:

When I was a kid I used to think that when people talked about the “good old days” it was ancient times. But I graduated from High School 19 years ago, and I remember my commencement and most of high school like it was yesterday. 19 years before I was born it was 1952. 19 years before I turned 10 was 1962. When I was 10 if someone talked about 1962 it was like the Mesozoic era or something. Kennedy was president. Men still wore hats. American cars were king. Gas was 22 cents a gallon. If you think about it, though, it wasn’t really that long ago. Even from today.

Funny story – I was at the playground with the family over the past Summer and there were a bunch of kids running around one of those small merry go rounds that you can spin and jump onto. They were pretending it was a time machine. One of the kids said, “If we spin it real fast we can go back to the Dinosaur ages – LIKE THE 1950s.” This kid was probably born no later than 1998 or 2000. [James' wife] and I had to laugh. I always said my parents were dinosaurs. My kids will say it about me.

And Neil wrote to mention the song "1985" by the band Bowling for Soup. Lyrics:

She hates time make it stop
When did Motley Crue become classic rock?
And when did Ozzy become an actor?
Please make this stop!
And bring back...

Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she’s uncool
Cause she's still preoccupied
With 1985


No comments: