1/28/2008

Just for fun

1. Time waster

How many boys' names can you come up with that are three letters and have only one consonant?

Joe
Eli
Abe
Ian
Ali
Uri
Ari

2. Just a thought

In the 1970s, there used to be these bumper stickers on small cars that said, "Don't laugh. It's paid for." And I used to think, "That's why we're laughing."

3. Someday

I should post something about how I refuse to get old. I can be mature and responsible, even wiser. But not old.

One part of this is, I refuse to believe that the "80s" can ever be considered part of the "good old days." And even if today's teenagers consider (for example) Duran Duran an oldies group, I will not believe that I am old because I hit puberty at such a glorious, golden era in pop culture. "Good old days" will always signify the FIFTIES. Period. The '80s are reminisce-able and nostalgic, but not "old days." Teens today like the '80s because of the pop culture. But not because they were quaint, like the fifties always seemed.

I remember sitting in my great-aunt's old house in the 1970s and listening to stories of the good old days, when families would have seven siblings and they'd all sit around the radio, that sort of thing. Yes, those are old days. Not the '80s. It just should never, and will never, count.

No comments: