1/15/2008

Dreams

I haven't posted in a while. What can I post about? How about dreams. The kind you have at night. The fact that even though I have a wonderful, adorable hubby, last night I had a dream in which I was at some fancy party, and Boris Yeltsin for some reason came up to me and asked me on a date! Sorry, but I don't think I was very interested. I don't remember what happened next, and I don't remember anything else from the dream.

All this confirms is that my dreams are pretty useless and weird (although I have gotten some ideas for novels out of them).

I swear, I have never thought of Boris Yeltsin in a romantic way. Actually, I haven't thought much about him at all. I don't know what he was doing in my dream.

When I was a kid, I started writing down my dreams. I wanted to see if I was psychic. I wrote down my dreams, but they amounted to nothing. Sometimes, they stemmed from an unfinished throught I'd had during the day...but they never predicted anything.

One thing I found was that the more I wrote down my dreams, the better I became at remembering what I'd dreampt about upon waking up. I have found this to be true; other people have written about that.

But never did I predict any world event with my dreams.

So, I am not attributing any significance to Boris Yeltsin happening to appear in my dream. And I did not go on a date with him. I don't know why he asked. I'm married, after all.

Just say nyet!

Update

Blogfan Sam writes:

I think you're right about useless dreams. I make it a point to remember details of dreams, even though it is rarely helpful. Last night I had a pleasant little dream of a Christmas morning with family. I got some cool little gifts, but gee, it's already Jan 15th. A little late for Christmas dreams. But it produced an interesting idea for office gifts for next Christmas.

No comments: