3/21/2007

What a drag it is getting old

Things I can't eat now -- most of which I could eat as a kid

1. Ice cream (unless I take a lactose pill with it)
2. A big wad of fresh wet mozzarella (ditto)
3. Chinese food with MSG
4. Too much stuff with asparteme. A little is okay. But yesterday I drank sugar free fruit punch and had something else, I forget what, but it didn't help. (Actually Asparteme/Equal wasn't available when I was a kid, but.)
5. Probably more stuff someday. Drat.

Things I used to eat a lot as a kid that I don't bother eating now

1. Sugar cereal (I like it but I don't eat bkfst at home too often)
2. Hot dogs (no thanks)
3. Donuts (not good for me)
4. Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches (although I had one last week - that felt good!)
5. Yoo-Hoo

Things I ate because my mother made me, that I'd never eat again if I can help it

1. Canned vegetables
2. Chicken roll sandwiches (gross)
3. Rye bread with seeds
4. Omlettes with onions. I like onions, but not in eggs
5. Meatloaf

Things my mother lied to get me to eat

1. "Girl Scout spaghetti." (It was really green spaghetti made from spinach!!)

No comments: