6/08/2005

Woke up, put on clothes, will go to work after I finish writing this.

I don't want to bore you with literary stuff anymore, but it looks like 16 of the last 18 people who have come to my blog through search engines were looking for one of the triumverate of New Yorker writers. See what I mean?

One of the reasons that Justin Tussing's story interested me is that it has some things in common with the novel I'm finishing up - but that's all you're getting.

Fellow RDI author Lauren Baratz-Logsted has mailed a response to the Times regarding the Melissa Bank review, which I will repost here. She apparently also disagrees with me that it was a positive review...

Lauren's letter:

For a long time, I denied being a writer of chick-lit. But no more! I have
now decided to embrace my inner chick, which seems preferable to embracing my
inner bitch, as Curtis S--ttenfeld has done in her unfair review of Melissa
B-nk's "The W-nder Spot" (June 5, 2005). "The W-nder Spot,"...is a wonderfully accomplished collection of interconnected stories. Many of us have waited six years for a new book from Ms. Banks. Shame on Curtis Si--enfeld for having such a poor understanding of what chick-lit is and what it is not and shame on you for revealing your misogyny once again by assigning a worthy book for review to a neo-writer who has yet to prove she has any critical chops.

Lauren Baratz-Logsted

I told her that if they print that, I'll eat five copies of my book and five of hers.

[NOTE: I removed letters from her name so people don't end up here purely looking for snark on Google. ;)]

No comments: