2/03/2005

Woke up, put on clothes, went to work.

One more day, and I can get back to working on the book. Revision-time has been good to it. Those clumsy sentences that I left half-sketchy a year ago because I didn't want to waste an hour finding exactly the right word or phrase - well, they now have the right word or phrase.

Will this sell? There is no telling. But I can honestly say that I'm glad I wrote it. And I think it's a story you'll enjoy.

More than ten years ago, when I first conceived of the idea, I never would have had the tools and experience to make it work, nor the confidence that if I put a few years into it, it would get on the right path to publication. I'm a little better now, and maybe even wiser. Maybe.

Of course, I'm too close to it to see how readers will like it. That's where agents, editors, and my mini-focus groups come in. It takes a village to write a novel.

OK, more newspaper articles to edit. Later, gators.

No comments: