5/16/2004

Woke up, put on clothes, didn't go to work, did some novel writing. (Well, really revising. Do I actually write anymore?)

The reading I'm participating in on Tuesday, June 15 involves summer camp stories. It should be fun. Other writers participating are Jeff Somers, who writes short stories, wrote a novel called Lifers, and has a really funny and self-referential zine; Jackie Corley, whose on-line lit mag and publishing efforts are doing wonders for up-and-coming writers, and it's hosted by young writer Ned Vizzini, who happens to have garnered a positive "Books In Brief" review of his novel Be More Chill in the NY Times today.

I was lucky enough to hear a panel of non-fiction writers from my alma mater yesterday as part of alumni activities, people who I really admire whose journalistic efforts have made lives better, so it was a good writerly weekend.

Oh, on another note, my psychic powers predict a final run for The Gipper very very soon. Enough on that.

No comments: