5/23/2004

Woke up, got dressed, didn't go to work.

A few random thoughts or experiences I had today...

1. How come, with all the advances in computing, no one has come up with a way to unsend an e-mail? AOL lets you do it with mail to other AOL accounts (and thank God, considering the ones I've had second thoughts about...). A friend of mine who was a programmer explained why to me a few years ago, but it still seems to me that they could create kind of a rubberband that allows you to yank your e-mail back if you decide to unsend it.

2. Whenever I think I see someone famous in NY, I always doubt myself because it seems to me that if someone were really famous, they would not be in the same geographic square as me.

3. Whenever a man tells me that his ex-girlfriend, or any woman, is crazy, it generally just means she liked him more than he liked her. I never hear women saying their boyfriends or ex-boyfriends are crazy unless the men out-and-out stalked them or threatened them with violence. But I hear from guys about "crazy" women all the time. If a woman is "crazy" doesn't that just mean she got very emotional about something (like a breakup?) Even if it's Alanis Morisette-grade emotional, does that mean you're "crazy"?

(I'm sure I'll hear it from both the Anonymous Blogger AND the Blogette on this one.)

4. If you take the Monorail from Newark Airport out to the new Amtrak/NJ Transit train stop to Penn Station, and you look out the window, you can see the men in the state prison playing basketball outside.

5. Today I saw a fat girl wearing a t-shirt that said, across her breasts, "Hey, I'm up HERE!" with an arrow pointing to her head. An hour later, I saw a boy in a gray shirt that said, "Stop reading my shirt." I liked that one better.

6. I think that's all the clutter in my mind right now. Thank you.

No comments: