7/06/2008

Vermonsters

This weekend, we went up to Vermont.  It was sunny all three days.  

We saw the Vermont Lake Monsters single-A minor league baseball team play.  We also walked along Lake Champlain, and toured the Ben & Jerry's factory.  And of course, we ate stuff with maple in and on it.


My hubby told me that each Ben & Jerry's factory employee gets THREE pints to take home for each day they work. What do they do with all those pints?  And where do they put them all? 
We asked two of the people at the factory. One kid says he gives them to friends. A girl said she's never taken it home. Wise idea. It would be hard to resist.  Hubby read somewhere that some of the employees barter the ice cream for other things (presumably before it melts!)

Anyway, at the end of the tour, they gave away samples of ice cream.  The flavor of the day to give out was a new flavor for 2008, seven layer coconut.  But I wanted my all-time favorite, Triple Caramel Chunk, which is delicious.  So later I got a sundae.

It was a great weekend trip and I thank the hubby for all the driving, including some country roads that allowed for the beautiful sights below.

Houses and flowers
Scenes from the road

Lake Champlain

The Hubby and me near the lake (betcha didn't know we were so tall!)



(By the way, I must take time out to congratulate SARAH on her engagement!!)

(Also, I still don't know who the mystery woman from the previous post is. Someone suggested it might be a contestant from Rock of Love, but someone else disputed this. Hmmmm!)

No comments: